CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kickin 5K


Every year the boys school does a 5K fundraiser. This year we decided to participate in it. The boys and I signed up got our shirts and numbers and were ready to go. Then the day of the race, it started to pour. So I was convinced it was not going to happen and then when the rain did stop, it was freezing cold. But Caleb and Cole were determined. Cole was so cute he said Mom we have to do the race, my teacher(Mrs. Adams, who he loves) is going to be waiting for me at the finish line with a medal, I have to go. So off we went and since I didn't think we were going to go we showed up right as it was starting, so I found a parking spot and jumped out of the car and told the boys to start running. We did not train for the 5K and for those of you who know me I hate running. We did pretty good though. Caleb could have finished a lot sooner but he was waiting for Cole and I. Caleb finished in about 35 minutes and Cole and I finished in about 40 minutes so I was proud of the boys for finishing the race and Cole was such a trooper I would tell him okay lets run to that tree and then we can walk. Sure enough when we reached the finish line there was Mrs. Adams with a medal for Cole. He was so happy! We all received Medals and will do the 5K again next year! Yeah Bluffridge!!

1 comments:

Lyndsi

Way to go!! How fun for Cole to enjoy the race with his mom and brother! So sweet of Caleb to wait and you are such a wonderful mom Christel!!